Changing FISH’s design.

In a recent crit it was pointed out that when FISH’s character (spoiler alert) gets packaged up for consumption, the product name is ‘Frog’s Legs n’ Fish’, which could cause some confusion due to the lack of frog legs in the film. The reason that I chose this product name was because A. it’s suitably silly, and B. ‘fish with legs’ wouldn’t be something that could possibly (even in a silly imagined world) be produced for consumption. [Having said that, I now want to make a film in a world where people eat human legs for a tasty snack] I opted for frog’s legs because it’s already considered a food product, so more viable for the story.

In order to make this ending ‘fit’ a bit more, I have edited the character design so that FISH now has green legs, and large webbed feet. The webbed feet will probably be harder to animate, but hopefully will create a little more consistency and clarity to the story. Also, it’s quite nice to have an amphibian ‘monkey’s paw’ style twist to FISH’s dream of getting legs!